Reasons for Google Maps issue
- The issue can be application based.
- You have denied Google Maps access to your location before.
- Browser errors.
How to fix the ‘Google Maps not loading’ issue?
The Google Maps, not responding issues can occur in a number of systems, including Android or your web browser. Therefore, the troubleshooting options might differ in that case. We have found out the fixes for all the service and hence, we’ll be sharing them with you.
Troubleshooting the Google Maps not Working issues in Various Browsers
(1) Fix google maps not working In Google Chrome browser
- Open Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the Menu icon with 3 lines at the top right corner.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Advanced’.
- Now click on ‘Content Settings’ under Privacy & Security.
- Scroll down to ‘Location’ and select the option “Ask before accessing (recommended)”.
- Make sure “https://www.google.com/maps” has a permission to access your physical location.
- Click ‘Done’.
This will allow access to Chrome to track your location from all sites.
(2) Fix Google maps not working In Mozilla Firefox browser
To try this, your Firefox browser should be upgraded to version 3.5 and above.
- Visit the URL maps.google.com.
- Click on the lock icon displayed beside the URL > go to ‘More information’.
- Now click on the ‘Permissions’ tab.
- Under ‘Access you Location’ select ‘Allow’.
For Firefox 3.1 and below,
- Open Firefox browser > click on ‘Tools’ > Gears and Settings.
- Next to the country version of Google Maps, click Remove.
(3) fix google maps not working In Safari browser
- Open Safari browser and click on Preferences at the top right corner.
- Click on ‘Privacy’ > ‘Prompt for every website for one time’.
- Go to your country version in Google Maps.
- Click on the ‘GPS-like’ icon on the bottom.
- Check on the prompted option ‘Remember my decision and don’t ask again’.
- Click on ‘Allow’.
(4) Fix Google maps not working In The Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ icon in the top right corner > go to Internet options.
- Now click on the ‘Security’ tab > Trusted Sites > Sites.
- Type the version of Google Maps that you use and add it.
- Uncheck the box ‘Require server verification for all sites in this zone’.
- Click Ok.
How to troubleshoot the “Google Maps not working” issue on Android phones?
Before installing any Google Maps alternative on your Android phone, it would be better if you try to fix the application. In Android, there are a number of fixes you can attempt to make Google Maps work again.
(1) Reboot your phone
Restarting your phone can resolve most of the technical issues with your phone. In case, your Google Maps is not functioning then reboot your phone and it will definitely start working.
(2) Clear application cache and data
Sometimes the app cache and data blocks the application from running. In that case, you might need to erase it. To do that, go to your phone Settings > Applications > find Google Maps and tap on Clear data. Then try opening the app and it will probably run.
(3) Reinstall the app
If the problems still persist then you can reinstall the Google Maps update on your device. Try to update Google Maps to its latest version from the Play Store because at times the older version fails to function.
(4) Remove battery
Continuous operation of the phone might obstruct the application from running due to battery consumption. Try removing the battery and place it again. Start your phone after 2 minutes and then open the app.
(5) Factory reset your phone
If the above fixes won’t work then try factory resetting your phone. Factory resetting will clear up all your phone data and files and the installed applications will be gone. So before you attempt this don’t forget to keep a backup of your phone data. To do this, go to your phone Settings > Backup and reset.
Source : https://www.technonutty.com/2015/10/google-maps-not-working-solution.html
Searches related to google maps not working
- google maps not working chrome
- google maps not showing up in chrome
- google maps not loading chrome
- google maps not working properly
- google maps navigation not working on android
- google maps not rendering in chrome
- google maps not working on pc
- google maps not working windows 10
- google maps not working iphone, android , mac , ipad
- google maps not responding android