How to transfer contacts from iphone to iphone
Before transfer contact from iphone to iphone you must delete duplicate contact to iphone
To transfer contacts to a brand-new iPhone:
- On your old iPhone, make sure you are logged into your iCloud account and connected to Wi-Fi. To check if you are logged in open the Settings app. As long as you are using iOS 10.3 or later, the name associated with your Apple ID will appear at the top of the Settings app. In earlier versions of iOS you will need to open Settings and select iCloud - if your name and Apple ID are displayed at the top of the page then you are logged in and ready to get started.
- If you are not logged in, do so (your iCloud ID and password are the same ones you use if you buy something from the App Store or a tune from iTunes).
- Once you are logged in, make sure that the option to sync contacts is toggled on. Go to Settings and tap the name at the top > tap iCloud > scroll down to check Contacts is green.
- Next you need to scroll down, tap iCloud Backup, and make sure its turned on. Now tap Back Up Now. (In iOS 10.2 and earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Backup and tap Back Up now.) The length of time this takes depends on how much content you are backing up and the speed of your internet connection.
- Now you can set up your new phone using the iCloud backup. During the initial setup of your new iPhone, you will be prompted to give your Apple ID details.
- When asked to choose from a backup or set up as a new iPhone, select Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Select the latest backup from the list and the restore will begin. The length of time this takes depends on your internet connection.
- Once the restore has finished, the phone will restart and should be ready to use.
How to transfer contacts from iphone to iCloud?
Moving contacts from one account to another is easy on OS X. All you have to do is open the Contacts app and drag and drop the contacts over. On iOS you cannot do that. However the solution is just as simple:
- Disable Contacts under Settings –> iCloud
- Choose to keep the contacts on your iPhone or delete them. Either way is fine!
- Re-enable Contacts
- Confirm to merge all contacts with iCloud
Settings –> Mail, Contacts, Calendars
Disable iCloud Contacts
Merge contacts from On My iPhone to iCloud
Step #4 moves and merges all contacts from your “On My iPhone” account into iCloud.
That was easy!
How to transfer contacts from iphone to itunes
If you do not use iCloud, you can use iTunes to transfer contacts from one iPhone to another.
- Plug your old iPhone into your PC/Mac and open the latest version of iTunes.
- Select your iPhone from the menu bar, click info and make sure Sync Contacts is enabled.
- Click Sync to sync your iPhone and all its contacts with your PC/Mac.
- Once this is complete, unplug your old iPhone and replace it with your new iPhone.
- In iTunes, select your iPhone from the menu bar, click info and make sure that Sync Contacts is enabled.
- Scroll down to the Advanced menu, and make sure Contacts is selected under the Replace information on this iPhone submenu. This will wipe any contacts currently stored on your iPhone and replace them with your PC/Mac contacts, which should be the contacts from your old iPhone if you followed steps 1-3.
- Click Sync to apply the settings and transfer contacts to your new iPhone.
How to transfer contacts from iphone to gmail
In case your world revolves around Google ecosystem, there actually is a way to transfer your contacts via GMail. Its pretty simple. Following method #2:
- Head up to iCloud.com via your computer.
- Select the contacts you want to save.
- If you want to save the entire list, click the little gear button at the lower left and Select All.
- Click the gear icon and select Export vCard (see method #2).
- Your computer will download a VCF file containing the exported contacts.
- Log in to your Google account.
Click on the Gmail logo, located at the top left corner of your dashboard.
- Select contacts
Click the “More” dropdown menu in Contacts, and select Import.
Click Import again. The contacts will be automatically synced to your Android device(s), connected to this account.
Searches related to how to transfer contacts from iphone
- how to transfer contacts from one iphone to android
- how to transfer contacts from iphone to iphone with icloud
- how to transfer contacts from one iphone to another via bluetooth
- how to transfer contacts from iphone to gmail
- how to transfer contacts from icloud to android
- how to transfer contacts from iphone to android phone
- how to transfer contacts from iphone to computer
- how to transfer contacts from iphone to icloud
- how to transfer contacts from iphone to iphone without icloud