How To Install Apps On A Mac: From Mac App Store
Installing the apps from Mac app store is easy. It requires you to follow some simple 2-3 steps and the apps will be ready to launch and use.
- Open the Mac app store first and search for the app that you need.
- As you locate the app, click on the green button that says ‘Get’/Install app.
- You might be asked to put your Apple ID and password. That’s it and the app will be then available in your Application folder.
This is the most convenient way to install apps on Mac. However, there might be various reasons that require looking for another source to install apps.
How To Install Apps On A Mac: From The Web
In case you have downloaded the app from the internet, then installation process will differ for various apps. The reason is all those apps you will download from the internet will be downloaded in various formats such as .zip. .dmg and .pkg. The installation process of every format is different. However, the process is not tricky at all and you can handle with ease.
Installation process of .zip file:
Installing Zip file is simple. It does not require you to do anything rather just double click on the file and it will be unpacked automatically. But if it is the RAR or 7Zip file the you need to have an unarchiver to open it. After you archive, the application icon will appear on that same folder. So, next what you should do is just drag that icon to the application folder and that’s it.
Installation process of .dmg file
If it is a .dmg file then follow the instruction here.
- First, click on the Finder icon located at the bottom right of your Mac and then click on the download option at the left side.
- As you see the downloaded .dmg file, double click on that. If you get an error message saying the file can’t be opened as it is not downloaded from the Mac store, then right click on that file and select ‘open’.
- Next, follow the on screen instruction.
- The application will be then visible under the Device in Finder.
- Once the app is successfully installed, uninstall the .dmg file by clicking on the eject button located at the next of its name.
- You can then add that app to the dock by dragging it from the Application folder to the dock.
Installation process of .pkg file
If it is a .pkg file then the installation process is nothing but just double click on the file and it will start running automatically. .PKG file can be downloaded directly from the web or else you might also get it inside a .dmg file. Whatever is the case, double clicking on the file will do the job for you. After the successful installation process, it is always good to delete the original .pkg file.
So, this is the entire process to how to install apps on Mac.
Source : https://www.technobezz.com/install-apps-mac/
How to Install and Uninstall Software on a Mac:
1. Double-click the application file you've downloaded from the Internet. If you get an error message that says the program "can't be opened because it wasn't downloaded from the Mac App Store," right-click the downloaded file and select Open.
Mac installation files are named .dmg, .pkg, or .zip. If it’s a zip file, this will unpack the zip automatically into its own folder. If it’s not a zip file, skip to the next step. Once the zip file has been unpacked, navigate to that folder, where you will find a .dmg or .pkg file.
2. Follow the instructions.
3. Drag the application to the Applications folder. Most .pkg files will do all the work for you, but sometimes with .dmg files, you will need to drag the app to the applications folder. Your application is now installed.
4. Delete the downloaded file once you’re done.
How to Uninstall Programs Purchased from the Mac App Store:
1. Press F4 to bring up Launchpad view, and click and hold on an app. Icons will begin to jiggle and any programs you can uninstall from here will have an X in their top left corner.
2. Click the X in the top right corner of an app.
3. Select Delete.
The program is uninstalled.
How to Uninstall Mac Software the Quick Way
Uninstalling an application downloaded from other sites is even easier.
1. Drag the application from your Applications folder to the trash. If prompted, enter your password and click OK. This doesn't erase the tiny preference files that applications place in your system, so continue below to learn how to thoroughly uninstall a program.
Searches related to how to install software or app on mac
- how to install software on mac not from app store
- how to install software on mac from cd
- how to install software on macbook air
- how to install software on mac from cd
- how to install software on mac without admin password
- how to install software on mac using terminal
- how to install app on mac
- how to install app on mac without admin password
- how to install app on mac from itunes
- how to install app on mac mini