Outlook is a personal email and calendar application that is designed by Microsoft. It permits people to maintain their email, calendar, contacts, tasks, and more in one place. It is available on a variety of devices, including desktops, computers, laptops, etc. Along with that, you can link the applications with other Microsoft applications, for example, Office Suite ( word, excel, PowerPoint), one drive, and Teams. You can take the subscription according to your convenience. In case you have an OLM file, then you can import it into Outlook. But the question is how to import an OLM file into Outlook. You can do so with the help of the method mentioned below. The technique will help you in completing the process easily without making any mistakes.
You can make an IMAP account with a Gmail account. After that, you need to configure the same Gmail account to Windows Outlook. Following that, you can import OLM files to Windows Outlook.
How to import an OLM file into Outlook for Mac?
You can import an OLM file into Outlook for Mac with the help of below written few simple steps.
First of all, you can create an IMAP account in the GMAIL, and Rather you can use an old account for this task. You need to make sure that all the IMAP settings are activated in this Gmail account. After that, link the IMAP account in MAC Outlook.
- Open the MAC outlook, then go above the panel and click on the import button.
- Then go to the import box and choose the Outlook for MAC archive file (.olm). After that, click on continue.
- Now you need to choose the Outlook for the MAC archive file (.olm).
- Finally, the panel will import the items displayed on the navigation panes (mail, calendar, people, tasks, notes) under my computer section.
- You are all set to use these files.
You need to configure the IMAP account in MAC outlook
You need to open the Outlook for MAC, click on tools, and then click on the accounts tab.
Then you need to add the new account in the Accounts and the email option, then the email address following that password.
After that, "imap.gmail.com" is the "incoming server."
You need to use the SSL connect tab and fill in "smtp.gmail.com," which will act as an outgoing server, then enter the 465 as port number and click OK.
Finally, tap the "Finish" tab.
How do I import an OLM file into Outlook Windows?
- You can make an IMAP account with Gmail and then turn on the IMAP settings that are activated in the account.
- Then, you need to put the same in the MAC outlook.
- Open the Outlook for MAC, click on "tools," and click on the "accounts" tab.
- Select the + option and add a new account in the accounts tab.
- Choose the email option and enter the email address and password.
- Enter "imap.gamil.com" as "incoming server."
- Choose the "Use SSL connect" tab and enter "smtp.gmail.com," which will be used as an outgoing server.
- Tap on the click on 465 in the outgoing port and choose the Add account option.
- You will be getting a yellow button on the left panel that will enable you to enter the password. The switch turns green if the password entered is relevant, confirming that the connection is complete.
After all these above-written procedures, you must choose the folder you wish to import to Windows Outlook from OLM and choose the "copy" option.
Choose the folder in Gmail when you wish to transfer all the required data.
Finally, the files are uploaded, then refresh the Gmail account.
This is how to import an OLM file into Outlook. For future queries, you can connect with the customer service team and keep following this article and clear all your doubts.