Step By Step Guide To Start Windows 8 In Safe Mode For Troubleshooting
Windows 8 is a very advanced, yet a very user friendly operating system by Microsoft. Troubleshooting different issues by the user himself is not a big deal. Users often find it difficult to start their Windows 8 into safe mode mainly for the troubleshooting reasons.
A computer system can crash down as a whole or there can be a possibility of one or more malicious applications that can cause a computer system to malfunction.
In any of these cases, the need is to fix the problem and bring the computer system into normal operation mode.
Windows in this regard facilitates the user with the ‘Safe Mode’ which can determine the malfunctioning area of the computer system and hence can resolve it on its own.
There are basically two distinctive approaches in order to start your Windows 8 in the Safe Mode for troubleshooting.
By deploying Windows 8 System Configuration Tool
1. Press and hold Win + R keys in order to display the Run dialog box.
2. Type msconfig.exe in the field and press enter. The system configuration utility will be launched on the screen.
3. In the system configuration utility box, click on the Boot tab.
4.Now check the Safe Boot check box under the Boot tab options.
5. Click OK.
6. Now the system will ask you to reboot your computer. It does not mean that you have to definitely boot your system immediately then. But, whenever you will boot or restart your computer system, it will be in the Safe Mode. (These configurations are same for both Windows 8 and Windows 8).
Using the Shift + Restart options
1. Click the Power button in Windows 8 by using the Charms bar option.
2. You will see the Restart option on your screen. Press and hold down the shift key while clicking in the Restart option on your screen.
3. The next screen on your computer system will present you with 3 options.
4. Click on the Troubleshoot option.
5. In the next option on your computer screen, click on the Advanced Options button.
6. In the next options on the screen, click on Windows Startup Settings.
7. Your computer system will then be automatically rebooted in order to enable you with the advanced options which also include the Safe Mode.
8. After reboot, you will be presented with the following options on your screen:
-F4 for Safe Mode
-F5 for Safe Mode with Networking
-F6 for Safe Mode with Command Prompt
9. Select any of the safe modes that you want.
10. Your system will be rebooted in Safe Mode.
Related Searches : start windows 8 in safe mode with networking,start windows 8 in safe mode from command prompt,start windows 8 in safe mode from bios,start windows 8 in safe mode from boot