An SSL certificate is a small data file which digitally binds a cryptographic key to details of an organization. As soon as it is installed on a web server, SSL activates the padlock and the HTTPs protocol. SSL allows secure connection from a web server to a browser. SSL certificate secures customer information like credit card transactions, data transfer and logins and provides security to many more sites which includes social media, the email websites, and other e-commerce sites.
Before installation of SSL certificate, you need to make sure that following processes have been completed:
- Buy/ renew SSL certificate.
- Generate CSR with SHA-2 algorithm.
- Now, Save the CSR and private key file on the server.
- Apply for SSL certificate issuance and you need to submit SSL issuance documents required by certificate authority.
How to install SSL certificate in cpanel
Now, the following procedure gives an idea about how to install SSL certificate in cpanel:
- Log into cPanel.
- Click on SSL/TLS Manager>Certificates(CRT)> Generate.
- Now, view, upload or delete SSL certificates.
- Locate your SSL server by clicking on the Browse button in the Upload A New Certificate.
- Click on the Upload button.
Now, set up the domain with following procedure:
1.Click on SSL/TLS manager.
2.Setup a SSL certificate that works with site. If this option is unavailable. It might happen that your ISP has disabled it. To get it enabled, you are required to contact them to complete the SSL setup.
3. From the drop down menu of Domain, all you need to do is select the domain that uses the SSL certificate. Now the system attempts to Fetch the SSL certificate and corresponding private key.
4. Click on Install certificate. When you click on Install certificate, you receive a message that certificate was successfully installed.
How to install SSL certificate in website
Go through following if you need to know how to install SSL certificate in website:
You can install it on Windows server 2008, all you need to do is:
- Click on Start menu.
- Click on Administrative tools and then on Internet Information Services Manager.
- You can see the server name in the connection column, double click on Server certificates.
- Click on Create Certificate Request in the Actions column on right.
- Enter the information regarding your company and the domain that you have.
- Click next.
- Let the Cryptographic Service Provider remain in default position and increase the bit length to 2048 bit or higher.
- Click Next.
- Follow the instructions accordingly.
The above steps help you to know the procedure of how to install SSL certificate in website.
Related search tag: how to install ssl certificate in cpanel,how to install ssl certificate in website,how to install ssl certificate cpanel,how to install ssl certificate in windows 7